ResideBPG COVID-19 Prevention Plan
The health of our residents and staff is paramount, and ResideBPG is taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all within our communities.
We are closely monitoring the situation and have created an internal task force to address the planning, preparation, communication, and action regarding COVID-19 prevention. We will continue to communicate up-to-date information and best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) when applicable.
It is important to remember that you live in close proximity to others and that protecting your health is also helping protect your neighbor’s health. If have any questions or concerns about the information below, please contact your healthcare provider directly.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in people and many different species of animals. COVID-19 is a specific, novel virus that was detected in December 2019 in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
How does COVID-19 spread?
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
What can I do to limit my risk of COVID-19?
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the following actions to help prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. You can take steps to slow the spread.
- Maintain good social distance (about 6 feet) and avoid close contact with others outside of your home. This is very important in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
- Monitor your health daily. Be alert for symptoms and take your temperature if symptoms develop.
Click here to visit the CDC website for more information.
What is ResideBPG doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Our staff and cleaning contractors are currently using antibacterial solutions to disinfect all common areas, and we have instructed them to pay close attention to high traffic areas like elevators, lobbies, etc. We’ve provided disinfectant, antibacterial wipes, and receptacles in each community’s lobby and have encouraged residents to wipe down regularly used surfaces, such as elevator buttons and door handles, prior to use.
Our offices will remain open to support our residents, however we will be practicing social distancing for both our safety. Residents should contact their management team by phone or email with all inquiries or questions rather than visit the office.
Our employees are screened each day by a health care professional to make sure they are clear to work. All employees are required to wear masks, follow the recommended protocol for proper handwashing/sanitizing, and practice 6-foot social distancing.
Residents are required to wear a mask whenever outside of their apartment home, including in elevators, hallways, lobbies, and stairwells. Cloth face coverings can be fashioned from household items. Medical-grade masks should be reserved for healthcare professionals.
Out of an abundance of caution, we’ve closed all common areas within our communities with the exception of fitness centers and outdoor areas. For those amenities that are open, we’ve implemented online scheduling tools to limit usage and maximize social distancing.